The Baseball Economist has gotten a new cover for the paperback edition. It will be released on February 26. This edition has the new low list price of $15—most online stores sell it for around $10—and is updated to include 2007 player values for every player.
Here is a list of some of the topics discussed.
- Why are there more hit batters in the AL?
- What happened to the left-handed catcher?
- What are the best/worst managed organizations in baseball?
- Putting a dollar value on every player in MLB (updated to include the 2007 season)
- How good is Leo Mazzone?
- Big cities vs. small cities
- Scouts vs. stat-heads
- Is MLB a Monopoly?