Gwinnett Braves Logo Unveiled

The Gwinnett Braves now have a logo.

The county and Braves unveiled the designs on a baseball field at Pinckeyville Park, where County Commissioner Bert Nasuti coaches baseball. Nasuti was instrumental in bringing the team to the county. Eleven- and 12-year-old members of two teams who play at the field donned T-shirts and caps to reveal the designs.

Note that Bert Nasuti always surrounds himself with people who won’t ask tough questions. Hiding behind 12-year-olds is about as cheap a political stunt as you can get

It’s appropriately symbolic. The G represents Gwinnett County, with its mouth open wide. The Tomahawk represents the Braves. It looks like a Tomahawk rammed down Gwinnett County’s collective throat.

9 Responses “Gwinnett Braves Logo Unveiled”

1. K-Funk says:

So you’re criticizing Gwinnett for using kids to unveil the team logo? Why, exactly? I didn’t realize that the unveiling of a logo was usually a forum for “tough questions.”

At a certain point, you’re just going to have to accept the fact that the team is moving to Gwinnett. If it turns into a financial disaster, you already have countless dozens of posts to prove that you were opposed to it. Please, more baseball posts!

2. Frank says:

A hand picking a taxpayer’s pocket would have been more appropriate.

No, I’m criticizing Nasuti for NEVER giving the opportunity for tough questions.

Thanks for the tip, K-Funk. See you at the dog fight.

Peace out,

JC-Funk

4. Crawdaddy says:

I was thinking more like taking Candy from a baby.

I have found the Gwinnett Stadium issues to be very interesting, but this sort of comment is close to getting to the point where one needs to recount their marbles.

Keep up the good work.

5. K-Funk says:

Ha, I hope I wasn’t too harsh. I just enjoy reading your blog, but I cringe every time I see another Gwinnett post.

6. nick says:

aaa in big town will not hit

7. Trish says:

Don’t you guys have anything better to complain about? Get a life! I for one am proud to have the Braves AAA team in Gwinnett County. Maybe now my family can afford to see a game without breaking our bank account and spending 2 hours driving downtown Atlanta at night and spending money to park in a place where we have no idea if our car will even be there when we get back from the game. Oh, let’s not forget about the beggers downtown who walk right up to you and beg for money. Who has any money left after seeing the Atlanta Braves play, a hot dog and a soda for a family of four? I don’t know how much the Gwinnett Braves will cost per game and for food but at least I won’t spend a half tank of gas and spend hours sitting on I-85 waiting to get to the ballpark during rush hour traffic. I for one say, “Welcome to Gwinnett County” to the new AAA Braves. Everyone I know is very happy to have you as part of our community.

Do you like the additional taxes and the lying by county government officials, too?

9. dlf says:

Nope. But since I live 15 minutes away, but in a different county, I get the spoils without paying the piper.

I don’t know how much the Gwinnett Braves will cost per game …

Season ticket packages just released to those on the reserved list. Seats range from $500 to $2500 for 72 games, or about $7 for down the line seats to $35 for behind home plate. But you have to make a 3-5 year commitment for those tickets.